Saturday, June 20, 2009

BOOK REVIEW: The Magnificat magazine

The Catholic Company offered me a chance to review the Magnificat magazine. How incredible is that?

This magazine is a Godsend, pure and simple.

It is a great resource for anyone who would like to establish a better daily routine of prayer and Scripture reading. This monthly magazine is set up with readings (taken from the Liturgy of the Hours) for morning and evening prayer times, as well as the Scripture readings from the Mass for that day. Each day also has meditations (often homilies from Early Church Fathers or well-known theologians) and a short write-up of the saint for that day. Also included in each month's issue is the Order of the Mass and a discussion of a well-known work of sacred art.

I have found Magnificat to be easy to use (much simpler than trying to follow the Liturgy of the Hours) and great to leave out on my kitchen counter, so I can snatch a few minutes here and there to pause for small moments of grace throughout my day.

I highly recommend treating yourself to a subscription!

No comments: