Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Feast of the Annunciation



(19th century painting by Mikhail Nesterov)

Edit: I had picked this picture out BEFORE I saw that Faith and Family had this one on their blogsite too. Darn. I wanted to be different! Oh well. It's still a beautiful painting!


One of the joys of the Catholic Faith for me is that there is always something new to learn. Sometimes, it's profound, and other times... well, other times it's something as simple as this: In Sweden, the traditional fare for this day is WAFFLES! (who knew?) My children will be overjoyed to know that lunch will be extra-special today!

We will be taking time to look through the gorgeous pictures in this book, as well as trying our hand at creating our own masterpieces. I know what sort of craft I would like to do -- create a 3D "tableau" of the Annunciation -- but I might be limited by our (a)lack of boxes and (b) our overactive toddler, who makes every waking moment a challenge. (oh, the stories I could tell!)

If we are successful, I'll try to take pictures!

No comments: