Thursday, March 27, 2008

Anne Rice

Here's a wonderful article from Anne Rice on the topic of her faith and the trust that we as Christians are called to have in the Lord.

Here's just a brief excerpt:
Why do I talk so much about this trust now? Because I think perhaps that with many Christians it is lacking, and in saying this I’m yielding to the temptation I just described. But let me speak my piece not critically so much as with an exhortation. Trust in Him. If you believe in Him, then trust Him. Trust what He says in the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, and trust what He says about having conquered evil; trust that He has won.

Don’t ever succumb to the fear that evil is winning in this world, no matter how bad things may appear. Don’t ever succumb to the fear that He does not witness our struggles, that He is not with every single soul.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

This is an excellent inspiration to hope. It's easy to get down about the world. But He said He would be with us all days... And He never tells us anything but the truth. Thanks for this this morning.