Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Taking care of others

One thing I love about having a larger family is that each of my children have had a chance to take care of the next sibling in line. Sean tries to watch out for all the others, Reilly plays the big sister role quite well, Kathryn is a fantastic little mom, and Christopher has lovingly cared for Thomas for 2 years now.

Now it's Thomas' turn.

Thomas came in here just a minute ago, asking for my help:

"Mommy, could you please hewp me wif da juice? Just pour it in Mawie's cup, and then I'll give it to her."

So I went into the kitchen, poured some into her cup, and handed it to Thomas, who then sweetly said, "Here's your juice, Marie."

I was not even really part of this whole process -- at least not in her eyes. You should have seen the look of total love and admiration on her face for her older brother as she took the cup and said, "ta-too!"


Yeah, I love having a large family...

2 comments:

Kristen Laurence said...

Absolute sweetness! How can anyone not want lots of siblings for their children??

AnchorMama said...

I love, love, love this! How well you have written about one of my favorite parts of having a larger family - the caring relationship between the children.
Well done!