Friday, March 06, 2009

FANTASTIC pretzel recipe

I could post about how several members of my family are sick (again), or the hysterical song my dh came up with about President Obama buying us all pizza...

... but I don't think that would interest many.

So instead, I offer you this AMAZING, wonderful, easy pretzel recipe from Allrecipes. I've tried making pretzels before, with very sad results. These, on the other hand, require you to boil them before baking, which makes all the difference in the world.

That, and I dabbed a tiny bit of melted butter on top when they came out.

My family -- even the sick ones -- were singing the praises of my culinary skills (cough cough) and begging me to make more of these.

I definitely will have to double (or triple) the batch next time.

6 comments:

Margaret said...

Okay, I printed it and hope to make some in the next few days. I'll try to report back ;)

the Wanna Be said...

I really want to try these this week. It'd be a sweet project for lent. I'll let you know if I'm successful.

Ouiz said...

Alright... I'm counting on you both to let me know how it goes! I hope you like them as much as we did!

Therese said...

never tried pretzel's before so I will have to have a go.

I have an award for you Ouiz at my blog.

Therese

Mayrosen said...

Hey :)
I want to try these, but I am confused about the boiling, does it refer to the dip in the baking soda solution? :)

/sanne

Ouiz said...

Yes, it does. I have a pot of simmering/low boiling baking soda water on the stove, and after making the pretzels, I plunk them in the water and they float to the top almost immediately. Then I take them out, plop them on a cookie sheet, and bake them.

Hope yours turn out as well as ours did! Happy Easter!!