Friday, January 23, 2009

My small successes of the day

FaithButton

It's been a rough week, so I think this is a great idea to share our small victories, wherever we can find them!

1. I washed, dried, folded, and put away two loads of laundry today (whoo hoo!) This is not an easy task with a 15 month old who insists on being held ALL DAY LONG. My one-handed folding technique keeps improving!

2. I managed to keep the kitchen picked up all day today (including the floors)... and that was even WITH a very crumbly breakfast of banana bread and orange bread (separate loaves! Not together... blech...) and children who love to help themselves to the hot tea in the pump pot.

3. Taking advantage of triple coupons (and a gift card) I just bought enough groceries to feed my family of 9 for a week.... for only $70!!! That comes out to a little bit more than $1 a day per person! That's $0.33 cents per meal! Yeah!

Thanks for sharing

4 comments:

Beth said...

Wow that is amazing - I usually spend more than 70 in a week for the THREE of us! I need some lessons.

I did email you!

Beth said...

Oh and don't mind TOO much if G wants to be held all day. M will hardly let me hold her at all anymore and I miss it!

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

I am with you on the small victories! (They're all I have right now!) :)

Today a few of my small victories:
1) the laundry hamper is empty. This doesn't mean the laundry is all DONE, but the hamper is empty!

2) I got a little bit of sewing done in the morning!

3) The children played outside in the rain while I made muffins in peace. :) And then we ate them together.

I have to say that I really like your blog. I have three small children and your posts are such a good dose of happiness, humor, and reality. Makes me think that I CAN do it. :)

Ouiz said...

Emily, you made my day! Thank you SO MUCH for your kind words!!! Wow... I really needed that encouragement!