Monday, February 11, 2008

To brighten your morning

It seems like everyone is sick... or caring for someone who is sick... or just in need of some a little uplift, so I offer you these few videos:

One of my favorite P&W songs (and seems to come on the radio just when I need it!) is Chris Tomlin's How Great is Our God. Can you be sad when you hear this one?


And, following my Hungry Planet/Material World theme that's still going strong over here, how about Josh Groban's Don't Give Up, You Are Loved:


Or his song You Raise Me Up:





For an inspirational quote of the day (and I can't remember which blog I saw this one, so apologies for being unable to give them their proper credit!)

Holiness is not measured with “spiritual” feelings but with obedient perseverance.
You shall accept all sufferings with love. Do not be afflicted if your heart often experiences repugnance and dislike for sacrifice. All its power rests in the will, and so these contrary feelings, far from lowering the value of sacrifice in My eyes, will enhance it.


—as told to Saint Faustina, Diary, 1767


I hope this helps to lift up your day!

No comments: