Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Next book on the list



Since I enjoyed reading Hungry Planet so much, I had to follow it up with Peter Menzel's earlier book Material World from my library.

Another two thumbs up.

As is fairly obvious from the title, the author photographed families outside their homes with the entire contents of their households around them. For some, that required an entire courtyard or a cul-de-sac; for others, they sat on the only piece of furniture they owned.

Reading it is an amazing, eye-opening experience, and I would wholeheartedly recommend this book. We will definitely be using this for homeschooling as well.

1 comment:

Terri said...

I completely agree with you about this book. In fact, we own it and I have used it frequently in my homeschooling. I haven't read Hungry Planet and our library doesn't have it. I guess I'll have to add it to my book wish list.