Friday, June 08, 2007

Time for the big guns

Marie just would not calm down this evening.

I was trying to get supper ready, and I had this crying cling-on attached to me, demanding my full attention, and yet not happy with anything I offered her.

At times like this, you have to pull out the big guns.

These are old videos that my kids have watched for quite some time, and yet still manage to have that mystical, magical quality to them that calm the vilest of tempers.

At the first sound of this one ALL my kids came running into the office, and were dancing around with joyful abandon.

With this one, Marie was bouncing on my lap with utter joy.

And this one kept them quiet while I quickly put supper on the table.

Enjoy... and wonder what sort of family we have around here...

3 comments:

Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle said...

Hi!
I want to let you know about the launch of my "Mom's Corner" radio segment with Teresa Tomeo next Tuesday. You can get the details from the link below.

http://donnamariecooperoboyle.blogspot.com/2007/06/launching-my-moms-corner-on-catholic.html

God bless,
Donna

Margaret said...

(okay, I think I got my *issues* w/ blogger resolved so I can comment again.....)

Do you remember that you showed Suburban Cowboy and I that first video before we moved away? That must have been BEFORE we had high-speed - but you guys did. (you always were more high-tech than us!) So, as my kids were dancing around, I thought to myself....

"...self, I HOPE the next one is the NUMA NUMA guy!"

AND IT WAS!!! Happiness in the Wildwood Ranch this Saturday morning!

Thanks for sharing!

ps: how *do* you find these - without exposing yourself to the nasty stuff that's out there?

Ouiz said...

Glad to entertain the little ones at your ranch!

I mean, seriously, what could be better than a heapin' helpin' of Tunak Tunak Tun, Numa Numa, and Homestar Runner?

HOW do I find this stuff? I find some (like Tunak Tunak Tun, when I was looking for Bollywood songs), often my siblings send me stuff (my sister sent the Numa Numa video), and occasionally dh will find a few (he 'discovered' Homestar Runner). I try to stick with what I know... and so far, we haven't been slammed with anything nasty!