Monday, September 04, 2006

Relief

I'm sure everyone will be happy to know that, after so many divine hints sent my way, I *did*, in fact, make it to Confession (cheers from the crowd). It is never "fun," or comfortable, to go, but the peace afterward makes it worthwhile.

We actually made a fun "girls' night out" of the whole thing: Confession, a trip to the fabric store, back to the Church for Mass, and then a wonderful dinner at the Indian restaurant (apologies to Malia, who couldn't come with us)

Two observations about Confession:
(1) It was so encouraging to see the line for Confessions be so long! Wow! The pastor of the Church actually had to tell us to make our Act of Contrition in the pews instead, in order to "speed up" the process.

(2) I am such a product of parochial schools. I felt such comfort sitting in line with friends, knowing that we were all a bit nervous... a bit uncomfortable... with what was going to take place. I needed that sort of "shared experience"!

We all had a great time and I hope there will be more Saturday trips like this in the future!

2 comments:

Tim said...

Congratulations on the absolution of all your sins!

Hey there was an interesting blog on Insight Scoop about confession and a Protestant online group soliciting them. Check it out.

http://insightscoop.typepad.com/2004/2006/09/fess_up_online.html#trackback

Ouiz said...

Thank you for the interesting article!! I think confessing our sins to another can be quite therapeutic, but it's the absolution that we receive in the Sacrament of Reconciliation that truly sets us free.