Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Congratulations!

I am SO thrilled to announce that our dear friends John and Margaret are the proud parents of babies #5 and #6!!! Christopher Michael was born last night at 8:42 pm (and weighed 7 lbs 6 oz!) and Teresa Claire was born at 8:46 pm (and weighed 6 lbs 7 oz!).

If anyone is able to raise twins successfully, it will be them. They are the wonderful parents of four (other) beautiful daughters. Margaret went through this difficult pregnancy with great grace, and I know that the Lord will enable them to raise these little ones beautifully as well.

My parents had twins (#4 and #5 in our family) and, while it was a bit of a difficut adjustment at first, they were a BLAST. There's nothing like seeing two little babies cuddle up next to each other in the crib... or two little ones crawl to the pantry and get into all sorts of trouble... or watch two toddlers shriek at each other while playing "chase." (They are 25 yrs old now, so they aren't nearly as "cute" in that baby sort of way... but we love them anyway! *wink*) I know my parents wouldn't trade the opportunity to have twins for anything.

But I digress...

So, here's to John and Margaret! May the Lord shower them with joy and grace as they raise their children!

But, as my husband said, "Darn it. Now they caught up to us..."

No comments: