Friday, April 21, 2006

There's only so much I can do!

What's a mom to do when she's sick? Not just a little sick, mind you, but the kind that slams into you like a big ol' wall of "ooky." Well, I saw a few options:

1. Bravely muster on (you know, I'd like to, but I can't.)

2. Complain, complain, complain (I have REALLY made a super human effort NOT to do this. I hope my dh has noticed! I'd hate to see all this sacrificial action go to waste.)

3. Offer it up (ever the good Catholic option), or...

4. See the incredible humor in all of this and roll with it! (and for pete's sake, TAKE PICTURES!!)

Yes, my kids have been phenomenal -- they've been "corporal works of mercy-ing" all over the place, taking care of themselves, each other, and doing their best to keep the house running... (and, as an extra benefit, enjoying the fact that this entire week has been filled with movies and computer games)...

however,

this is what happens when Mommy is incapacitated and the kids are left to fend for themselves..







Now, please bear in mind that I just took my children OUT.

Looking like this.

To Wendy's.

Of course, we just drove through the drive thru, but still! They were THRILLED! (as an added side note, as I was packing the kids in the car, I talked briefly with the real estate agent in charge of renting the house across the street from us. After our conversation was over, I turned around and saw my girls standing behind me. They had been behind me the whole time... looking like this! I'd love to know what was going through that poor lady's mind when she drove away!)

As for the other two pictures below, this is what happens when cleaning goes dreadfully awry.





I can only hope my dear, sweet, darling husband will help me climb out of this mess when I get better (hint hint) or we'll be buried for several weeks...

No comments: