Sunday, March 26, 2006

I feel like I'm drowning...

Ever have one of those days? I know I do... often.

My house is small. 1800 sq ft. One bathroom. For 8 people.

I know I would be ashamed if I saw how most of the "rest of the world" lived. I would see how much we have, and I would be totally shamed into silence.

This isn't one of those days.

I try not to complain... I really, really do. I pray often for contentment, and that the Lord would teach me to "travel light," as it were. I purge, purge, and purge more stuff out of our house. I throw out anything even remotely broken. I take bags of stuff to various thrift stores.

I am normally an organized person.

However, I am fighting a losing battle, trying to fit all these people... and all of our stuff... into this house. I feel like an idiot, trying to scoop the ocean back with just a little pail. I fight, I clean, I scrub, I purge, and still... at the end of the day, there's just too much.

Someone pray for me. I'm losing it.

No comments: