Thursday, January 21, 2016

This is what a snow day in South Carolina looks like


Don't see any snow?

Nope.

Neither do we.

And yet, all the public schools in our county are on a two-hour delay and, because of that, my high schoolers co-op is completely cancelled for the day.

Due to snow.

Which ISN'T here.

Ah, I love living in the South!!!


(P.S. For the record, we DID have big, fat flakes coming down for about 30 minutes yesterday afternoon. All the homeschooling kids in the neighborhood instantly went outside, jumping for joy and making the most of this once a year -- if we're lucky -- event. I had to smile, thinking of how it must have brought a smile to God's heart, seeing the sheer joy that a little snow brings to the people of South Carolina!

My youngest son is, even now, dreaming big dreams of sledding down the hills today. I don't have the heart to tell him just yet that it ain't gonna happen..)

No comments: