Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Michael Spencer, Rest in Peace

It is with great sadness that I have to write that my favorite blogger, Michael Spencer (AKA The Internet Monk), passed away on Easter Sunday. I read the news early this morning, and have been crying ever since. I can't begin to say how influential his writings have been in my spiritual growth, and I will miss the amazing insights that he always managed to get across in his posts. His honesty and openness when talking about his fears, his doubts, and his questions made me realize that I am not alone... and his joy in talking about the Lord was infectious.

Mixed with the grief have been moments of joy, when I think of how he has finally met the Savior that he loved so much face to face. What must that moment be like? I truly can't even begin to imagine... but I find myself marveling that he has met so many of his great Christian heroes, has begun to discover all the answers to his questions, and is simply reveling in the joy available to him now.

May the soul of Michael Spencer, and all the souls of the faithful departed, in the mercy of God rest in peace. Amen.

No comments: