Saturday, September 26, 2009

Recommendation time!

I've got just a few recommendations to pass along, since they're so much fun!

There, I Fixed it! is a fun, fun blog site if you've got a few minutes to spare. For all those out there who thought, "Wait! Don't throw that away! I can fix it with duct tape!", this is the site for you (warning: there are a few curse words here and there)

[h/t Mark Shea, Catholic and Enjoying It!]


The Spider and the Fly.


"Will you walk into my parlour, said the spider to the fly?..."
You know the poem, but have you seen this book? It is an Caldecott award-winning book, and one look inside will show you why. It is a hands-down favorite over here, and the discussions the kids and I have afterwards are priceless. Close to 200 years after it was first written, the moral still shouts loud and clear. Grace, who is now the 7th child to be introduced to this book, was mesmerized by it tonight at reading time, studying every page and shouting, "Wook, Mommy! Dere's anover bug!... uh-oh. He ate it."


Lighthouse Catholic Media
If you haven't joined yet, I highly, highly urge you to take a look at their website and see all the great talks that you can download very inexpensively. Once you start, you'll be hooked! I also recommend their CD of the Month program. Yeah, it sounds like some horrible TV ad from the 70s and 80s, I know, but this is truly worthwhile. I have been a member for over a year now, and I look forward to each new CD that I get each month. Just today, for example, I did all my schlepping around town while listening to Scott Hahn's talk on the Power of Confession. It was wonderful! I've been a Catholic all my life, but he brought up points pertaining to the Sacrament of Confession that I had never heard of before. I'll be listening to this one several times over!

No comments: