Monday, August 31, 2009

I just sent this out over email

...but it was such a perfect description of my day I had to share it with all of you as well.



Can you guess what virtue I was supposed to be working on today?

I'll give you a hint. It starts with a "P" and ends with "atience."

Don't believe me? Here's how homeschooling went at MY house today.

We started off with our catechism, and talked about how God gives us grace. She heard her name, of course, and said, "Gwace? God? God's Gwace?"

Yes, God truly did give us "Grace."

...who was the human tornado over here today. Not once... not twice... but THREE TIMES she managed to get herself some water from the refrigerator, take it into the dining room, and spill it either on herself, the floor, or on a sibling (poor Thomas!). And of course she insisted -- screeching -- that she needed more. Deserved more. And gosh darn it, was going to have more.

And some chips.
And an apple.

Nope. that one's not shiny enough. I want that one.

And then was thirsty again, and couldn't understand why chocolate milk wasn't forthcoming.

So she got herself MORE water, and then decided to pour it in anything that looked like it could hold water -- a shoe, perhaps.

And then proceeded to undress herself.
Over and over again.
And removed her diaper.
And thought that was funny and took off running.
And howled when she was redressed in new clothes.
And then got into the markers and colored on herself.

Somehow, by God's grace, we managed to actually LEARN something over here during all the mayhem. I'm not sure how, but we did.

And wouldn't you know, right as I was most disgusted with her, she grabbed my face with her two hands, patted me, and said, "You a good mom. I yuv you, Mommy."

Smart kid. She lives another day.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I always said, Ouiz, that from what I've seen, whenever you name a child "Grace", you're going to need a lot of it to raise her!

But God is good, and always gives grace for Grace when needed, doesn't he?

Beth said...

I don't believe any of this. She is a perfect little angel! :) hahaha!

Ouiz said...

She's got you fooled! *grin*

Actually, she's a lot like Kathryn, who was also an incredibly difficult little kid... who turned out to be so sweet. If Grace takes after her, we'll be doubly blessed!