Saturday, July 25, 2009

Ya gotta admit, that's a celebration

A friend of mine sent me this video... I'll have to update this post because I can't remember right off-hand how she got this video (whether a friend actually attended this wedding or not), but I wanted y'all to see it.

At first I was a bit put off by it -- after all, a wedding should have a certain reverence to it all -- but you know what? I've watched this clip three times, and each time I have been brought to tears.

This couple is going into a covenant relationship with each other, celebrating the Holy Sacrament of Matrimony, and they are DANCING. Not just them, but those friends that they asked to stand with them.

Look at the bride -- she comes in right at the words "I've been waiting my whole life..." and the joy that is on her face when she dances to meet her husband is just... well, it brings me to tears.

I wish them all the very best, and may their marriage be a source of joy and holiness for them both.

2 comments:

Therese said...

I have watched it twice and I have to agree with you. They are celebrating their union. I did say to Steve though that I was glad it wasn't a Catholic church.

Beth said...

Loved this!