Saturday, August 23, 2008

Tagged!

Lisa over at Are We There Yet? has tagged me. Here are the rules:

1. Link the person who tagged you. (check. see above)
2. Mention the rules on your blog. (and here you are, reading them!)
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.

"Unspectacular Quirks," hmmm? Those who know me IRL might go so far as to say that my whole life is unspectacular, yet quirky... *grin*. But, here we go!

1. Symmetry is incredibly important to me. If I scratch one side of my head, I have to scratch the other side as well. I fight it, because I know it's weird, but there it is. I used to be really bad about it, but I've grown out of it somewhat. Heck, I'm too busy dealing with 7 kids (praise God) to worry about whether everything is symmetrical!

2. I hate most breakfast food (grits being the great exception. Go figure. This Northern girl hated them until college, but now I crave them.... dang. I wish I hadn't mentioned grits. Now I want some. Grrrrrr.)

3. For breakfast, I eat leftovers. Smothered in cayenne pepper. It ain't a meal unless you're cryin'. (OK, I gotta take a break and get something to eat. All this talk of food is driving me crazy...)

Ahhh... sushi rice, salmon, spinach, and broccoli... all smothered in cayenne, and eaten with chopsticks.... I am a happy camper now.... OK, where were we? Ah yes...

4. Back to food. I refuse to follow recipes to the letter. Who else (besides Malia, that is) measures out an 1/8th of a teaspoon of anything? Call it my one little act of rebellion, or be kind and call me a "free spirit" in the kitchen, but either way, I cook by taste and by smell. And I freely substitute. Everything turns out great, and my family enjoys the meals I prepare, so we're good.

5. I can write with my feet... write backwards faster than I can write forwards (I'm left-handed)... and can simultaneously write backwards and upside-down with my left hand while writing normally with my right.

No, I'm not kidding. I haven't yet figured out how to cash in on this amazing talent, but when I do, watch out, world! *grin*

I will tag:
Malia, who really needs to start her own blog, dang it
Suburban Cowgirl, who really needs to UPDATE her blog, dang it again
Heidi, who has a blog that I've never seen
Suzanne at Gladdest Hours(who probably has no time for such things now that she has that sweet little baby... but is just so much fun to talk to!)
Meredith at Sweetness and Light (who needs a break from unpacking)
and Cheryl over at My Thoughtful Spot (another busy Mom of a newborn!)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hey, I can do that writing with both hands thing - I once heard it was a sign of genius, LOL! Maybe it's true for *you*. :)

Ouiz said...

Amy, I think you and I need to take our act on the road and seek our fortune and fame! *grin*

I remember it all started when my family and I were watching some show on lefthandedness (some bizarre PBS thing in the 70s...) and the narrator said something about daVinci writing all his notes backwards, and that lefties can often write backwards quite easily. Everyone in my family turned to me and said, "well, how about it? Can you?" I said I had never tried, so they got me a sheet of paper and, lo and behold, I could write backwards a heck of a lot faster! Then they had me write upside-down, and then backward and upside-down, and blah blah blah.

Weird night, but my "amazing brush with greatness" began! hahahaha