Thursday, July 03, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!!



I hope all of you have a safe and wonderful 4th of July.

The more I learn about the country and culture of others (as wonderful as they may be), the more I have come to truly appreciate what I have always taken for granted. Praise God for the privilege to be born in this country, even with all of its weaknesses and shortcomings. May Our Lord continue to have mercy on our nation.


BIRTHDAY GREETINGS:
And a special birthday "shout out" to M, who is celebrating her 40th birthday today. Here's to 40 more years of friendship!


NEW TO THE BLOGROLL:
Many thanks to Amy over at Epiphany Springs for introducing her readers to the blog Me and My Girl. Those of us who are privileged to be mommies of little girls know how important making stuff is. Take time to look over this site and spend some time with your girls!


AMAZING STORY OF SACRAMENTALS:
I saw this post over at Salve Regina (thanks to Happy Catholic, who linked to it on her blog) and it was such an amazing story I had to share it.

2 comments:

Charlotte (WaltzingM) said...

Sorry, I scrolled too far and left my 4th of July greeting on the post below! It still applies!

Jennifer @ Conversion Diary said...

Hope you had a great 4th of July weekend!

Speaking of the power of sacramentals, check out this amazing story of Claude Newman. I know some people who are investing it, and so far all the details have checked out.