Sunday, May 04, 2008

Fairy gardens

First of all, I have to say that Jill from Wee Gardens does an AMAZING job. I ordered her book and she shipped it out so quickly and packaged it so beautifully I had to make sure I told you all!

So, inspired by her beautiful webpage and her gorgeous book, my kids and I had fun creating our own gardens with what we already had. My kids were already avid "fairy/gnome house" makers (as seen here by a random hut I found in our front yard)


...so this was the perfect activity for them! I showed them the gorgeous (did I mention already how incredibly beautiful the pictures on her website were? *grin*) pictures which were to be the inspiration for their own gardens, and off they went!

[just a quick note to start off... my camera is not the greatest, so you'll just have to take my word for it... these gardens were much more delightful "in person."]

Sean hard at work on his garden...









Kathryn getting some pointers on her garden...





Reilly with hers...





Thomas...



...and Christopher...




Naturally, when dh got home, he was surrounded by incredibly eager children, showing off their gardens and begging for a trip to the hobby store for MINIATURES!

And seriously, who can pass up an opportunity like that?

So, after a quick supper, we packed everyone up and went shopping!

Here are the final results:

Reilly's (with a little blue bird for her nutshell birdbath):


Christopher's (he went for a "fishing" theme, as you can see):


Thomas' (can you see the little frog and turtle?):


Kathryn's (it's hard to tell, but those white things are part of a tiny tea set):


Sean's:


And mine (all those great miniatures, and all they left me was a bucket! Mommy was sad... ):

6 comments:

Kimberlee said...

They are all very sweet gardens! Even your lone bucket is cute. :-)

Sweetness and Light said...

These are all so adorable!!! I can't wait to show my sweeties!!

Kristen Laurence said...

Those are positively precious, just like your little ones! So very sweet.

Ouiz said...

Thanks for the sweet comments!

So far, the gardens are still flourishing nicely (we can grow moss like nobody's business around here!), and the kids' interest is still going strong.

Amber said...

What neat gardens! That looks like a fun project. We'll have to try it. I showed my daughter your pictures this evening and she was definitely enthusiastic. Thanks for the idea!

Eileen said...

These are just beautiful, what a sweet idea! I especially love how enthusiastic your children obviously were with the project.