Monday, April 07, 2008

I Did It!


OK, it won't win any awards, but still...

...my first "real" quilt is finished!

(I made a full-sized one before, but I cheated and just used the fat quarters from the fabric store "as is" -- that is, I didn't cut them up into any interesting shapes or designs. Just slapped squares together and appliqued autumn leaves all over it. It's my husband's favorite quilt, but I digress....)

Now I'm going to have to ask you a favor, though... please click on the picture to blow it up. You'll see then that it's not quite as lopsided as it looks at first glance.

There are so many things I would change about this quilt, but I'm not going to beat myself up over it. I did it, I learned quite a bit from it, and hopefully Grace will like it... or at least chew on it a whole bunch...

7 comments:

Margaret said...

Ouiz -

Well done! I am glad I blew up the photo - there's a lot more intricacies to it that meets the eye in the small photo!

Good Work!!
SBC

Sweetness and Light said...

It's beautiful!! I love it, what a great accomplishment Ouiz :)))

Beth said...

WOW! That is beautiful!!

And, this gives me hope that I will still have craft time when (God willing) I have a bunch of kids :)

Ouiz said...

THANK YOU!

I will consider it a wonderful learning project, and keep on!

(and, I just realized you can see my toes in the bottom of the picture... too funny!)

Kristen Laurence said...

Oh my, how beautiful! I love it! The fabrics are so pretty together, and I love the pattern. You did a beautiful job, and you're inspiring me. What fun!

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

Wonderful!!!

My girls and I are making a quilt right now! Since February, we've done one square a month so we anticipate being done in December!

Your colors are lovely, too!

Rebecca said...

Wow! That is quite a beautiful accomplishment!