Friday, January 04, 2008

Favorite songs

You know, you can tell a lot about a person once you find out what their favorite artist or favorite song is... and I find it fascinating to hear what songs or type of music speak to other people.

I'm into a lot of different types of music, but if I *had* to pick my favorite song of all time, it would have to be "Cico Buff" by the Cocteau Twins. Imagine my amazement when I actually found a video of it on YouTube!

This is not a stunning video... in fact, it's best if you just don't watch it at all. It's rather boring. But as far as music goes, it's the perfect "mood music" for me. This is the sort of thing I pop into my CD player in the car late at night as I'm driving to the grocery store... or listen to on my MP3 player when I'm having a rough day and just need an escape for a few minutes. This song conjures up cool, overcast days, and a sort of "happy melancholy" that thrills me to no end...

So, since I had nothing else to blog about this evening (I'm working on my homekeeping and homeschooling organization right now), I give you my favorite song. Feel free to close your eyes, drink your hot cup of tea/coffee, and let it sorta swirl all around you:



I'm not expecting anyone else to share my great love for it, but please DO feel free to share YOUR favorite song in the comments section...

4 comments:

Sister Mary Martha said...

I just dropped by to wish you a Happy New Year.

Rebecca said...

That's a beautiful song. I really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing.

Alli R said...

Hi Ouiz! A sleepless night for me. I can see why you love the song. It was wonderful seeing you last week! Did I mention that I saw and loved the movie ONCE, a little Irish film that also happens to be a musical? RENT IT!!! No sex or violence,and wonderful music. I can't stop thinking about it and have already bought the soundtrack.
Love Ya!
Alli R.

Ouiz said...

First of all, THANK YOU Sr. Mary Martha, for leaving a comment! I love your blog!!!

Rebecca, thank you for "giving it a go" and listening to the song! Glad you liked it!

Alli, we had a GREAT time at your house! Thank you for being such a wonderful hostess!