Monday, November 05, 2007

First day alone...

...and we are surviving!

Praise God!

After a horrendous day on Friday, I spent a good portion of the weekend sending up prayer flares for the grace I would need for today.

God has graciously answered!

  • My friend Carrie brought over breakfast this morning (blueberry muffins...yum!)

  • Grace has been a sweet baby and actually allowed me to put her down so I didn't have to live life one-handed.

  • The kids got dressed and ready to go early this morning, so we could start (gasp!) homeschooling by 9:00 am.

  • The kitchen is s-l-o-w-l-y getting back on track (it's been a mess for quite some time now) and Reilly even mopped the floor.

  • A load of laundry has actually been finished today.


Thank You, thank You Lord!!!

4 comments:

Jennifer @ Conversion Diary said...

You'll be in my prayers!

Honestly, this is the most fascinating post I've read in weeks. I'm just so amazed that you can handle it all, it's really interesting to see how it goes when you have a newborn and lots of other little ones. I'm taking notes for when I'm there!

Ouiz said...

Literally, it was the result of begging God for major buckets full of grace, because after a horrific Friday, I thought, "oh dear Lord, either You help me or I'm going to mess them up for life!"

Thankfully, He gave me what I needed (and then some!)

Kristen Laurence said...

Wonderful. What terrific blessings! I love that you counted them here for the rest of us to see.

AnchorMama said...

God is so good! Those first few days on your own with a new baby can be so hard! I'm keeping you in my prayers.