Friday, September 21, 2007

Fresh bread!

Remember that my neighbor and I were getting a wheat grinder?

Well, it finally arrived today, and behold one of the loaves I made! (OK, it's not really as hideously lumpy as it appears... I took the picture at a funny angle)



I say "one of the loaves" that I made, because here is where the second one was... (with most of the crew in attendance and giving their full approval)



"Mommy, after that snack, I am happy and contented... quick, take a picture!"

2 comments:

SuzanneG said...

Whoo-hoo! Love fresh baked bread! Nothing better!

I can't believe you're "really making" bread. You have GOT to get a bread machine, babe! The cheapies at JCP for $30 will do just fine. They are awesome! Same result, a fraction of the work! It's my favorite "servant" next to the washing machine.

Ouiz said...

I know so many people who love their bread machines!

I have a Bosch mixer, which does all the mixing and kneading for me -- all I have to do is shape the loaves and slap 'em in a pan... you know, the whole "domestic goddess" feel, without the backbreaking work! *grin*