Thursday, June 21, 2007

Breakfast for tomorrow



Cherry-chocolate chip muffins! Yum! (I can't begin to tell you how good the whole house smells right now!)

I know there are so many areas that I fall short in in the "mommy department," but I truly do enjoy doing this for my family. I love to cook. It's a small way that I can minister to them and make my house a true home. There's nothing like the smell of homemade bread... or cakes...or muffins wafting through the house, and seeing the look of sheer delight on children's faces as they shout, "Oh Mommy! You made my favorite!!!"

So, as I try to wake up tomorrow morning as I hear my family shuffling around in the kitchen**, I will say a quiet prayer of thanks for the privilege of being a Mommy.


**sorry to disappoint anyone out there, but I'm NOT the early-morning rising, cheerful Mommy in the morning. I get up when my husband, God bless him, has to leave for work. It takes me a few minutes to shuffle to the bathroom to make myself presentable, go into the kitchen to get my first cup of steaming tea that my dh has so lovingly prepared and left in the carafe, and get my head together before I'm able to say "good morning" to anyone. Having small children accost me before this point, asking to be fed, is only going to set the tone for one ugly morning. Anything I can do the night before to make the morning TRULY a cheerful one is a darn good thing for me to do.

3 comments:

Kristen Laurence said...

That is a beautiful way to minister to your family. You've inspired me to go bake something now!

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

Mornings aren't my forte either - this morning I was so happy - yogurts and a muffin!

Easy!

Will you post the recipe? :-p

Ouiz said...

I will be glad to... I hope to get to it soon!!!