Monday, March 05, 2007

Miscellaneous ramblings

heard today at our house.

Me: Christopher, I'm so sorry that I shouted.
C: That's OK, Mommy, because I am so forgiving.

Thomas: Wouldn't it be cool if we could cut up a worm?
Christopher: No! That wouldn't be nice! God made that worm! How would you like it if somebody cut up something you worked so hard on?

Kathryn (to Daddy): "The only thing I wish is to have a better friend than you."

[I know her heart was in the right place with that one, but it just came out so wrong!]


And that reminds me of a family "classic," one that I STILL won't let my husband ever forget.

I was in the throes of morning sickness, and I had struggled mightily to make an appealing dinner for my family, only to be completely unable to eat it when we all sat down at the table. My dh, trying hard to comfort me, uttered these unforgettable lines:

"Don't worry, honey... it's not nearly as good as you think it is. You're not missing anything."

After the look of utter shock made way for hysterical laughter, he whimpered, "oh dear, there's just no way to ever back out gracefully from that one..."

No sweetheart, there isn't! But I love you anyway!!!

No comments: