Friday, March 30, 2007

Hey! Look at this!

I *actually* get to blog this evening!

I've been fairly busy this week, plus we have several sick little kids. As far as diseases go, I suppose this one isn't too bad. Nothing gastro-intestinal (thank You, Lord!!!!), just high fevers. The doctor assures me that this particular virus is "everywhere" in our area right now, so I guess we'll just lay low this weekend and try to recouperate.

On the "plus" side, I got to count both Thursday and Friday as sick days for homeschooling.

OK. I'll admit it. I am READY for this school year to be over. We have TWO weeks left, and I think I am MUCH more excited than the kids to be done.

I'm pooped. I need a break.

After a few weeks off, I'll be ready to start looking for "new stuff" for homeschooling. I'm fairly set in most subjects, but there are a few that I'm kinda waffling on... and I'd like to see what's out there.

Next year, however, I'll have FOUR kids to homeschool. Yes, Christopher will get to "officially" join the homeschooling table as a kindergartener! Of course, I don't *have* to teach kindergarten... we can just wait and start at first grade, but he's so ready! I wouldn't have the heart to ask him to wait until Mommy feels more "prepared."

Could I ever possibly feel prepared for this? I will have:

a 4th grader
a 3rd grader
a 2nd grader
a Kindergartener
a Preschooler
a one-and-a-half year old
and a newborn.

Oh yeah!

We'll have fun... we usually do... and somehow we'll find a way to make this all work.

Still, I'm really eager for the start of my "summer vacation"... whoo hoo!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Sounds like a great family! God must love you a lot to give you all those amazing children ;-)
I can only hope that I'm as blessed someday!

SuzanneG said...

Wow! Yes, I can see how looking at that list would be...ummmm... overwhelming. Through the grace of God, my dear, you have nothing to fear! Hope you have a blessed Holy Week.

Ouiz said...

Thank you! I know He will get me through... He always does.

God bless you all!