Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Jesse Tree update

So far, so good.

We are using this article from Catholic Culture as the basis for our Jesse Tree activities. I have the kids find the Scripture verses in their Bibles, read it out loud, and then we use some part of it for our copywork for the day.

Later on during the day, we watch the appropriate video from the "In The Beginning" video series that we've borrowed from the parish library (I must admit, it's a bit bizarre to watch the stories of the Bible done in "Japanamation," but so far it's worked for us. There are some parts rather high on the "velveeta quotient scale," but on the whole the series gives us plenty to think about).

Finally, in the evening we talk again about who we have been learning about all day, and the kids take turns putting the appropriate Jesse Tree symbol up.

In years past we have simply talked about the stories as we decorated our Christmas tree with the felt ornaments I made. (and for my dear friend Suburban Cowgirl, I offer these pictures...)





(These ornaments have proven themselves time and time again to be indestructible.)

11 comments:

Cajun Cay said...

Hi there! :)

Those ornaments are precious. :)

suburbancowgirl said...

YEA JONAH!!!!!!!!!!

Katherine said...

You made these ornaments? Wow! They are the best I've seen. Do you have a pattern?

Ouiz said...

Thank you so much!!! Wow... What a sweet thing to say! You just made my night!

I didn't have any patterns. I just sketched out my basic shapes, and then I cut them out of felt and used rough twine for the hangers.

They have gone through at least 7 Christmases by now, and have been yanked off the tree, played with by the cat, chewed on by many a small child, and used as all sorts of weapons and projectiles by the kids.

Felt. The indestructable ornament fabric.

Surprised by Joy said...

These felt ornaments are so great. I think we will make some, thnaks for the inspiration.

Molly

Jodi said...

great job on these - our little guy is 2, so don't know that we'll start this tradition this year, but would definitely like to next year, at least - you've provided great inspiration! thanks!

Jen Clark said...

i agree - really awesome!! beautiful ornaments and beautiful tradition in a beautiful family. thanks for sharing!!

Angie said...

These are all so super cute! I really, really need to learn to sew by hand. I just learned to (kind of) sew on a sewing machine, but didn't get taught how to sew by hand. I would love to have some fun with felt. :)

(Not that I couldn't sew it on the machine, of course, but something about little felt things screams, "Hand sew me!")

Stephanie said...

My grandmother made all kinds of ornaments like these 20-30 yrs ago. I inherited all of them and they still hold up great. My tree is full of memories as I'm sure your tree will be too.

Heather (How to be a Woman..?) said...

Awesome! Jonah and the whale totally crack me up.

sexy said...

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,A片,A片,情色,A片,A片,情色,A片,A片,情趣用品,A片,情趣用品,A片,情趣用品,a片,情趣用品

A片,A片,AV女優,色情,成人,做愛,情色,AIO,視訊聊天室,SEX,聊天室,自拍,AV,情色,成人,情色,aio,sex,成人,情色

免費A片,美女視訊,情色交友,免費AV,色情網站,辣妹視訊,美女交友,色情影片,成人影片,成人網站,H漫,18成人,成人圖片,成人漫畫,情色網,日本A片,免費A片下載,性愛

情色文學,色情A片,A片下載,色情遊戲,色情影片,色情聊天室,情色電影,免費視訊,免費視訊聊天,免費視訊聊天室,一葉情貼圖片區,情色視訊,免費成人影片,視訊交友,視訊聊天,言情小說,愛情小說,AV片,A漫,AVDVD,情色論壇,視訊美女,AV成人網,成人交友,成人電影,成人貼圖,成人小說,成人文章,成人圖片區,成人遊戲,愛情公寓,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色小說,成人論壇


av女優,av,av片,aio交友愛情館,ut聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,色情聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080聊天室,視訊聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,上班族聊天室,成人聊天室,中部人聊天室,一夜情聊天室,情色聊天室,情色視訊

A片,A片,A片下載,做愛,成人電影,.18成人,日本A片,情色小說,情色電影,成人影城,自拍,情色論壇,成人論壇,情色貼圖,情色,免費A片,成人,成人網站,成人圖片,AV女優,成人光碟,色情,色情影片,免費A片下載,SEX,AV,色情網站,本土自拍,性愛,成人影片,情色文學,成人文章,成人圖片區,成人貼圖