Friday, December 15, 2006

Congratulations to Fr. Dwight Longenecker!

From the Greenville News today:

"Dwight Joseph Longenecker, a lay pastor at St. Joseph Catholic School in Greenville who has served the Church of England, was ordained a priest Thursday night in front of a capacity crwod at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Greenville.

The two-hour ordination was performed by the Most Rev. Robert J. Baker, Bishop of Charleston.

...

Longenecker said in a written statement that he thanked his parents for raising him in a Christian home. He said, 'I thank God for the Christian faith of my mother and father, and for the long heritage of devout Protestant Christianity in which my family is rooted.'

He added, 'My journey to the Catholic priesthood has been a long and wonderful adventure. I do not consider my Catholic faith to be a rejection of the past, but a fulfillment of all that has gone before."


For those of you who are not familiar with Fr. Longenecker, his blogsite is over in my sidebar--STANDING ON MY HEAD. He is a married Anglican priest who converted to Catholicism, received a special dispensation from Rome, and was able to be ordained a Roman Catholic priest.

Many prayers for you and your family, Fr. Longenecker! God bless you!

No comments: