Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Comforting words

I have purposely avoided posting any opinions on the "latest Muslim outrage" because, frankly, there are so many bloggers out there who have written far more eloquently on the subject than I ever could. I highly recommend reading the many articles The Anchoress has about this subject, as well as this wonderful reminder from her:

And just a point of information here, the reason we Christians do not feel the need to resort to rage and violence is because we understand that God can pretty much take care of Himself - “Vengence is mine,” says He. So, we can correct and admonish our brothers and sisters lovingly and trust that He will deal justly with them. In this way, we may live in peace. Or, we try to.

I have to be honest, though. The events of this week were so unsettling for me, as I look at the precious faces of my children and wonder what sort of world they will be growing up in. It's enough to give any mother a grade A panic attack. Julie D over at Happy Catholic had a fantastic quote that truly lifted up my spirit. I offer just a small snippet: ... Christianity has too often been in what appeared at the time to be fatal danger for us now to be frightened by yet another such test.

Amen.

The Lord has made it quite clear to me that He keeps me and my family safe. I need to remember that. No matter what happens, no matter how crazy this world may get, He is in control. Always.

No comments: