Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Praise for the fuzzy roomba

Jesus said..."It is not right to take the food of the children and throw it to the dogs."

She said, "Please, Lord, for even the dogs eat the scraps that fall from the table of their masters."

I never gave this verse much thought until I had children... and saw the kinds of messes that only they can make. It's enough to make the stomach of even the most battle-hardened parent do flip-flops.

That said, praise God for the creation of dogs!

Think of it -- He created an animal that loves to be with us, enjoys running and jumping around outside with the "pack," and wants nothing more than to lick up whatever is spilled.

I think He had moms in mind when He created them.

Here is an actual, unretouched photograph of a chair vacated only minutes before by Marie (our 9 month old) who decided to feed herself spaghetti.

with sauce.
by herself.



The chair was COVERED with food (and so was she). I took her into the bedroom to change her clothes, and when I got back, lo and behold, the chair was clean!

[yes, I do spray it down after the dog has licked it!!]

No comments: