Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Brotherly love


Yesterday my two youngest boys (Christopher and Thomas) were outside playing, when another two-year old boy decided to join them. All was well for a few minutes until the two-year old decided it was time to push Thomas around.

Before I had the chance to step in an intervene, Christopher went right over, grabbed Thomas' hands and pulled him away from his tormentor, and then stood behind him with his arms encircled around him in the most beautiful, protective pose I have ever seen.

It brought tears to my eyes.

As a stay-at-home mom, I get to see the good, the bad, and the downright ugly. All the squabbles, the pettiness, and the grumbling (and that's just from me!) I see our weaknesses, and how we all fall short of loving each other sometimes... and then, I get to see these almost holy moments, when my kids react in the most Christlike way possible, and it is so beautiful, and so humbling...

1 comment:

Cay Gibson said...

What a great post and photo.
Amen!