Friday, July 07, 2006

First Friday!

Today is First Friday. I'm hoping to get to the chapel this evening for Adoration. I haven't been able to make it very often, but when I do it's such a wonderful, peaceful time for me. Not that I get these overwhelming emotions that flood over me, mind you, but it is more of a calm reassurance that I truly am in the Presence of the Lord.

And, of course, since it is Friday (still a day of penance), it is vegetarian fare over here at Chez Ouiz. (I made some spanikopita for lunch. Time consuming, but soooo worth it!) So, in answer to the question,

What's for supper tonight?

We are having Mexican casserole (spanish rice, kidney beans, onions, peppers, cream of "whatever" soup, and sharp cheddar cheese on top). I'll have some steamed vegetables on the side and perhaps some sauteed zucchini for me (yum).

No comments: