Saturday, June 17, 2006

Here's to my husband

My husband is an incredible man. For those of you who know me in "real life," you can vouch that it is so. He is everything I could possibly ask for in a husband and in a father for my children.

It is because of him that I returned to the Catholic faith.

It is because of him that I was able to heal from some pretty traumatic occurrences in my life.

It is because of him that I am a mother of six beautiful children.

It is because of him that I am who I am today.

He is patient when I am at my wit's end. He is calm when I am ready to go completely spastic. He is able to sit back and see the big picture when I am too bogged down in the details to go any further. He knows when to offer advice, and when to simply listen.

He plays a mean game of Scrabble.

He makes me laugh like no one else can. He is my support when everything seems to bottom out. He makes me feel like I am doing the world's most important job on days when I'm ready to quit.

I have been married 9.5 years to my best friend, and I have cherished every single day of it.

Happy Father's Day, my love!

No comments: